Two women buried under landslide in J&K
Kathua (J&K): Two women were buried alive under a landslide in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday.
56-year-old Vaishno Devi and Shanti Devi, 36, were digging mud near a mountain when they were buried under a landslide in Guda phalal area of Kathua, officials said.
Their bodies were later recovered by the police and villagers, they said, adding the bodies have been handed over families for the last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen