Two women buried under landslide in J&K
Kathua (J&K): Two women were buried alive under a landslide in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday.
56-year-old Vaishno Devi and Shanti Devi, 36, were digging mud near a mountain when they were buried under a landslide in Guda phalal area of Kathua, officials said.
Their bodies were later recovered by the police and villagers, they said, adding the bodies have been handed over families for the last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam