Two youths meet watery grave
Srinagar: Two youths drowned in separate incidents while a 17-year-old girl died under mysterious circumstances in Kashmir Valley, police said here on Monday.
Fayaz Ahmad Sofi, a resident of Safakadal locality in Srinagar, drowned while taking bath near Aharbal waterfall in south Kashmir`s Kulgam district last evening.
Sofi had gone for picnic and efforts were on to retrive his body, a police spokesman said.
Another youth, Mohammad Irshad Wani, drowned in river Jhelum yesterday while extracting sand at Shivpora here.
Body of Wani, a resident of Banihal, was fished out and handed over to his family for last rites, the spokesman said.
A 17-year-old girl died under suspicious circumstances in Chandhot village in Baramulla district last night, he said.
The teenager was rushed to hospital where she was declared brought dead, the spokesman said adding police were ascertaining the exact cause of her death.
Police recovered the body of 65-year-old Abdul Ahad Ganie, a resident of Tahab village in Pulwama, from the premises of a hospital at Bijbehara in Anantnag district.
The body was handed over to his relatives after completion of all legal formalities, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy