Two youths meet watery grave
Srinagar: Two youths drowned in separate incidents while a 17-year-old girl died under mysterious circumstances in Kashmir Valley, police said here on Monday.
Fayaz Ahmad Sofi, a resident of Safakadal locality in Srinagar, drowned while taking bath near Aharbal waterfall in south Kashmir`s Kulgam district last evening.
Sofi had gone for picnic and efforts were on to retrive his body, a police spokesman said.
Another youth, Mohammad Irshad Wani, drowned in river Jhelum yesterday while extracting sand at Shivpora here.
Body of Wani, a resident of Banihal, was fished out and handed over to his family for last rites, the spokesman said.
A 17-year-old girl died under suspicious circumstances in Chandhot village in Baramulla district last night, he said.
The teenager was rushed to hospital where she was declared brought dead, the spokesman said adding police were ascertaining the exact cause of her death.
Police recovered the body of 65-year-old Abdul Ahad Ganie, a resident of Tahab village in Pulwama, from the premises of a hospital at Bijbehara in Anantnag district.
The body was handed over to his relatives after completion of all legal formalities, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'