Two youths meet watery grave
Srinagar: Two youths drowned in separate incidents while a 17-year-old girl died under mysterious circumstances in Kashmir Valley, police said here on Monday.
Fayaz Ahmad Sofi, a resident of Safakadal locality in Srinagar, drowned while taking bath near Aharbal waterfall in south Kashmir`s Kulgam district last evening.
Sofi had gone for picnic and efforts were on to retrive his body, a police spokesman said.
Another youth, Mohammad Irshad Wani, drowned in river Jhelum yesterday while extracting sand at Shivpora here.
Body of Wani, a resident of Banihal, was fished out and handed over to his family for last rites, the spokesman said.
A 17-year-old girl died under suspicious circumstances in Chandhot village in Baramulla district last night, he said.
The teenager was rushed to hospital where she was declared brought dead, the spokesman said adding police were ascertaining the exact cause of her death.
Police recovered the body of 65-year-old Abdul Ahad Ganie, a resident of Tahab village in Pulwama, from the premises of a hospital at Bijbehara in Anantnag district.
The body was handed over to his relatives after completion of all legal formalities, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy