Udhampur:2 Army Jawans die due to asphyxiation
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 10, 2012, 18:42
  
Jammu: Two Army jawans died due to asphyxiation resulting from smoke from a charcol box in their room in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.

After finishing work in the Army mess in 5171 unit in Army Service Corps (ASC), two Jawans - Havaldar Randhir Singh and Sepoy Ranjeet Singh went to sleep in their room after lighting up charcoal in tin box in Udhampur district, Station House Officer (SHO), Udhampur, Gain Chand Sharma said to a news agency.

Both of them were found unconsious and shifted to hospital, where they were declared brought dead today, he said adding that they had died of asphyxiation.

A case has been registered in this direction, the Police officer said. Randhir belonged to Haryana and Ranjeet belonged to Bihar.

PTI


First Published: Tuesday, January 10, 2012, 18:42


comments powered by Disqus