Ultras arrested in J&K with special fuel used by Pak troops
New Delhi: Some of the terrorists arrested after infiltrating into India were found to be in possession of special fuel and powder generally used by the Pakistani Army in sub-zero temperatures, raising fear that more such militants may cross the Line of Control (LoC) during the current harsh winter months.
In the wake of intelligence reports in this regard, the forward units of the Army have been alerted to be prepared for any major infiltration during the winter months, official sources said on Sunday.
The sources said investigation of some of the militants arrested after they sneaked into the Indian territory recently and some of the intercepts suggested that some of the material used by Pakistani army in areas in Siachen glacier had been passed on to terror groups like Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) and Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM).
They said some long burning solid fuel cubes (a product manufactured in Germany), which are smokeless and can be extinguished, re-lit and are reusable, were found in the possession of some of the ultras who had recently entered through higher reaches of Kupwara and Gurez in Jammu and Kashmir.
The cube comprises hexamine organic compound. It is converted into solid fuel in tablet form which burns smokeless and has a high energy density which does not liquefy while burning.
A recent meeting of Home and Defence Ministry officials, which was attended by J&K Police as well, took note of the fact that during the height of winter early this month as many as four terrorists had managed to sneak into the state from Bhimber Gali (BG) in Poonch area, the sources said.
Intelligence inputs were also suggesting that discarded winter clothing of Pakistani army deployed in high altitude was also passed on to some of these terror groups.
It may be mentioned that LeT had managed to sneak in a
group during the harsh winter last year that triggered a fresh spell of terror in Sopore during the whole of 2012.
Certain areas in North Kashmir and some higher reaches of Jammu area were earmarked as possible infiltration routes to be used by LeT terrorists.
The presence of Lashker chief Hafeez Saeed in Pakistan- occupied-Kashmir during which he met other members of terror outfit for chalking out a fresh strategy was also discussed during the recent meeting and the same information was shared with Army formations on the ground, they said.
Tension has been witnessed along the LoC after skirmishes between Army and Pakistani troops. It turned further ugly when Pakistani regular soldiers entered into Indian territory last week, killed two soldiers and beheaded one of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL