Ultras attempt to blow up fencing along the border in J&K
Jammu: Militants tried to blow up a newly constructed border fencing by triggering an IED blast on Thursday along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu sector, where BSF troops
foiled an infiltration bid.
During night patrolling, jawans of a detachment of 135 battalion of BSF picked up movement of 3 to 4 armed militants in the Indian territory close to Border Out Post (BOP) Abdullian in RS Pura tehsil through night vision devices at around 1145 hours last night, BSF officials told a news agency.
As the militants reached the near new border fencing, 600-meters away from zeroline, they opened fire on the patrol party and BOP after being challenged by the BSF troops, they said.
The Pakistan rangers also gave cover firing to the militants, they said, adding, there was heavy exchange of fire using small arms between the militants and BSF troops,
which continued till 0145 hours.
The militants planted an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) near the newly constructed border fencing and triggered the blast, they said.
However, there was no major loss to the border fencing, they said, adding, militants later retreated. There was no loss of life on the Indian side, the BSF authorities said.
By opening cover firing, Pak rangers also violated the ceasefire along the borderline, they said, adding, search operations were on in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof