Under house arrest since 2010, claims Geelani
Srinagar: Chairman of hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Friday claimed he was virtually under house arrest since 2010.
"I am virtually under house arrest since the public uprising in 2010 and denied the opportunity to offer Eid and Friday prayers," Geelani said in a statement here.
Without identifying anyone, Geelani said "some vested interests are trying to give a wrong notion that the policemen deployed at my house were for my security".
"I have always rejected the government security as I don`t feel it fit to enjoy security from those against whom we are fighting," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof