Under house arrest since 2010, claims Geelani
Srinagar: Chairman of hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Friday claimed he was virtually under house arrest since 2010.
"I am virtually under house arrest since the public uprising in 2010 and denied the opportunity to offer Eid and Friday prayers," Geelani said in a statement here.
Without identifying anyone, Geelani said "some vested interests are trying to give a wrong notion that the policemen deployed at my house were for my security".
"I have always rejected the government security as I don`t feel it fit to enjoy security from those against whom we are fighting," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city