Under house arrest since 2010, claims Geelani
Srinagar: Chairman of hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Friday claimed he was virtually under house arrest since 2010.
"I am virtually under house arrest since the public uprising in 2010 and denied the opportunity to offer Eid and Friday prayers," Geelani said in a statement here.
Without identifying anyone, Geelani said "some vested interests are trying to give a wrong notion that the policemen deployed at my house were for my security".
"I have always rejected the government security as I don`t feel it fit to enjoy security from those against whom we are fighting," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?