Undeterred by attack on Qureshi, PPF pitches for dialogue
Srinagar: Asserting it would not bow down
before extremism, the People`s Political Front today said the
dastardly attack on its leader Fazal Haq Qureshi would not
deter it from pursuing a negotiated settlement of the Kashmir
"The PPF will not be cowed down by the attack on its
leader. In fact, it has given strength to our resolve to seek
settlement of the Kashmir issue through a meaningful dialogue
among India, Pakistan and Kashmiris," a spokesman of the Front
said in a statement here.
The statement said an emergency meeting of the PPF here,
chaired by senior leader Mohammad Musadiq Aadil, resolved that
the party would not bow down before extremism.
"Such cowardly acts (the attack on Qureshi) will not
deviate the party from pursuing a negotiated settlement of the
Kashmir issue," it said.
"The PPF considers dialogue an effective and civilised
way to arrive at any solution pertaining to the Kashmir
issue," the spokesman said.
The PPF is an important constituent of moderate faction
of the Hurriyat Conference headed by Mirwaiz Umer Farooq.
Qureshi, the moderate face of the separatists, was shot
at and critically wounded by militants of Al-Nasireen outfit
near a mosque on Friday evening.
Separatists and mainstream political parties strongly
condemned the attack on the leader who favours dialogue for
resolving the Kashmir issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi