Unemployed Kashmiri Pandits hold protest
Jammu: About 40 unemployed Kashmiri Pandit (KP) youth on Saturday held a demonstration here demanding implementation of Prime Minister`s Employment Package for the migrant youths of the community.
The unemployed youth, including some girls, under the banner of Youth All India Kashmiri Samaj (YAIKS) held the demonstration in front of Press Club of Jammu here around 1100 hours.
Carrying placards with slogans "implement PM`s employment package, restore our fundamental rights, secure our future and issue our appointment orders", the displaced KP youth also raised slogans in support of their demands.
Police prevented the youth from taking out a procession and dispersed them peacefully.
Under the PM`s employment package, 3,000 KP youth would get employment in different sectors in the state government in the Kashmir valley in the first phase.
The youth also demanded that their appointment orders be issued at the earliest and their postings should be done temporarily in Jammu division in view of the prevailing
situation in the Valley.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living