Unidentified gunmen kill three in Kashmir
Srinagar: Three people, including a mother and a daughter, have been killed in separate incidents in Kashmir Valley, police said Monday.
The incidents took place late Sunday.
According to police, Muhammad Hussain Gorsi in Damal Hanjipora village of Kulgam district lost his wife Shakeela, 40, and daughter Zarina, 19, when gunmen broke into their home.
"The gunmen managed to escape," a police official said.
In a similar incident, armed men barged into the house of Ghulam Nabi Wani in Chakoora (Pulwama) village and shot dead his son-in-law, Ghulam Muhammad Bhat, an employee of the social welfare department.
The motive behind the killing of three civilians is not yet known, police said, adding that no guerrilla group had owned responsibility for the shootouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next