Unidentified gunmen kill three in Kashmir
Srinagar: Three people, including a mother and a daughter, have been killed in separate incidents in Kashmir Valley, police said Monday.
The incidents took place late Sunday.
According to police, Muhammad Hussain Gorsi in Damal Hanjipora village of Kulgam district lost his wife Shakeela, 40, and daughter Zarina, 19, when gunmen broke into their home.
"The gunmen managed to escape," a police official said.
In a similar incident, armed men barged into the house of Ghulam Nabi Wani in Chakoora (Pulwama) village and shot dead his son-in-law, Ghulam Muhammad Bhat, an employee of the social welfare department.
The motive behind the killing of three civilians is not yet known, police said, adding that no guerrilla group had owned responsibility for the shootouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'