Unidentified militant killed in Kashmir encounter
Srinagar: An unidentified militant was on Thursday
killed in an encounter with security forces in a forest in
north Kashmir`s Kupwara district, police said.
The militant was killed when security forces laid a siege
around forest area of Tangwari-Warson after receiving
information about the presence of militants there.
A police spokesman said the operation was jointly
carried by the police and the Army.
"The advance party was fired upon, which was retaliated,
thus triggering an encounter," the spokesman said.
He said, so far, one unidentified militant has been
killed in the gun battle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves