Union Home secretary in Jammu to review security
Jammu: Union Home Secretary RK Singh arrived in Jammu Monday to hold a review of the security situation with civil and police officials of Jammu and Kashmir.
According to official sources, the meeting would include an assessment of the situation on the border and the hinterland.
Sources said besides conducting an aerial review of sensitive areas, Singh would hold a meeting at the secretariat with top brass of the police, para-military troops and intelligence agencies to make a detailed assessment.
Singh would be briefing union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on the security scenario on his return to New Delhi Tuesday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister