Union Home secretary in Jammu to review security
Jammu: Union Home Secretary RK Singh arrived in Jammu Monday to hold a review of the security situation with civil and police officials of Jammu and Kashmir.
According to official sources, the meeting would include an assessment of the situation on the border and the hinterland.
Sources said besides conducting an aerial review of sensitive areas, Singh would hold a meeting at the secretariat with top brass of the police, para-military troops and intelligence agencies to make a detailed assessment.
Singh would be briefing union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on the security scenario on his return to New Delhi Tuesday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family