Union Home secretary in Jammu to review security
Jammu: Union Home Secretary RK Singh arrived in Jammu Monday to hold a review of the security situation with civil and police officials of Jammu and Kashmir.
According to official sources, the meeting would include an assessment of the situation on the border and the hinterland.
Sources said besides conducting an aerial review of sensitive areas, Singh would hold a meeting at the secretariat with top brass of the police, para-military troops and intelligence agencies to make a detailed assessment.
Singh would be briefing union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on the security scenario on his return to New Delhi Tuesday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India