Union Home secretary in Jammu to review security
Jammu: Union Home Secretary RK Singh arrived in Jammu Monday to hold a review of the security situation with civil and police officials of Jammu and Kashmir.
According to official sources, the meeting would include an assessment of the situation on the border and the hinterland.
Sources said besides conducting an aerial review of sensitive areas, Singh would hold a meeting at the secretariat with top brass of the police, para-military troops and intelligence agencies to make a detailed assessment.
Singh would be briefing union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on the security scenario on his return to New Delhi Tuesday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan