Union Home secretary in Jammu to review security
Jammu: Union Home Secretary RK Singh arrived in Jammu Monday to hold a review of the security situation with civil and police officials of Jammu and Kashmir.
According to official sources, the meeting would include an assessment of the situation on the border and the hinterland.
Sources said besides conducting an aerial review of sensitive areas, Singh would hold a meeting at the secretariat with top brass of the police, para-military troops and intelligence agencies to make a detailed assessment.
Singh would be briefing union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on the security scenario on his return to New Delhi Tuesday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...