Uproar in J-K Assembly Budget session
Jammu: Opposition members agitating over
price rise and law and order situation today shouted slogans
during the Governor`s customary address on the opening day of
the Budget session of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly.
As soon as Governor N N Vohra began his address to the
joint sitting of the state legislature, members belonging to
PDP, BJP, Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP)
and Jammu State Morcha raised slogans accusing the state
government of failing to check deteriorating law and order
situation and controlling galloping prices.
Even as Vohra kept reading his address, JKNPP members
Harshdev Singh, Balwant Singh Mankotia and Yashpal Kundal
staged a walkout followed by 11 BJP legislators.
However, PDP members remained in the House and continued
their protest during the Governor`s address.
PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti accused the Congress-NC
government of arresting youths branding them as "stone
pelters. The state government has adopted a stone for bullet
policy...," she said.
Later, Harshdev Singh told reporters that there was an
increase in violence by militants this year and there was no
development in the state.
He said the party would raise issues including price
rise, Sagir Commission report on Centre-state relations and
surrender policy to bring back militants from across the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur