Uproar in J-K Assembly Budget session
Jammu: Opposition members agitating over
price rise and law and order situation today shouted slogans
during the Governor`s customary address on the opening day of
the Budget session of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly.
As soon as Governor N N Vohra began his address to the
joint sitting of the state legislature, members belonging to
PDP, BJP, Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP)
and Jammu State Morcha raised slogans accusing the state
government of failing to check deteriorating law and order
situation and controlling galloping prices.
Even as Vohra kept reading his address, JKNPP members
Harshdev Singh, Balwant Singh Mankotia and Yashpal Kundal
staged a walkout followed by 11 BJP legislators.
However, PDP members remained in the House and continued
their protest during the Governor`s address.
PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti accused the Congress-NC
government of arresting youths branding them as "stone
pelters. The state government has adopted a stone for bullet
policy...," she said.
Later, Harshdev Singh told reporters that there was an
increase in violence by militants this year and there was no
development in the state.
He said the party would raise issues including price
rise, Sagir Commission report on Centre-state relations and
surrender policy to bring back militants from across the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide