Uproar in J&K Assembly over CRPF killings
Jammu: Slamming the Jammu and Kashmir government for "disarming" the police and CRPF in Kashmir valley and making them "targets" to terror attacks, Opposition parties Thursday staged a walkout over the killing of five CRPF personnel by militants in Srinagar.
As the House began today`s proceedings, opposition BJP, JKNPP and JSM stood up from their benches and sought the decision of Deputy Speaker Sartaj Madni over their adjournment motion for discussion over the grave situation arising due to militant attacks on unarmed security personnel in the valley.
Madni, who was in the chair, rejected the adjournment motion maintaining that Speaker Mubarak Gul had condemned the incident where CRPF personnel were killed in firing yesterday, along with the government.
On this, the opposition parties of BJP, JKNPP, JSM resorted to protests and asked if the issue of Afzal Guru could be discussed in the House, then why not the martyrs of CRPF and the police force.
The Opposition resorted to sloganeering for some time as they also demanded the resignation of the government.
"It is very sad that we cannot raise the issue of martyrs and discuss them here. The adjournment motion brought by us was rejected on martyrs but the adjournment motion on Guru by opposition PDP, ruling NC and CPI(M) was admitted and discussed," JKNPP member Balwant Singh Mankotia said.
"You (government) had disarmed the police and security personnel and made them targets of the militants. Government is responsible for that killings," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!