Uproar in J&K Assembly over CRPF killings
Jammu: Slamming the Jammu and Kashmir government for "disarming" the police and CRPF in Kashmir valley and making them "targets" to terror attacks, Opposition parties Thursday staged a walkout over the killing of five CRPF personnel by militants in Srinagar.
As the House began today`s proceedings, opposition BJP, JKNPP and JSM stood up from their benches and sought the decision of Deputy Speaker Sartaj Madni over their adjournment motion for discussion over the grave situation arising due to militant attacks on unarmed security personnel in the valley.
Madni, who was in the chair, rejected the adjournment motion maintaining that Speaker Mubarak Gul had condemned the incident where CRPF personnel were killed in firing yesterday, along with the government.
On this, the opposition parties of BJP, JKNPP, JSM resorted to protests and asked if the issue of Afzal Guru could be discussed in the House, then why not the martyrs of CRPF and the police force.
The Opposition resorted to sloganeering for some time as they also demanded the resignation of the government.
"It is very sad that we cannot raise the issue of martyrs and discuss them here. The adjournment motion brought by us was rejected on martyrs but the adjournment motion on Guru by opposition PDP, ruling NC and CPI(M) was admitted and discussed," JKNPP member Balwant Singh Mankotia said.
"You (government) had disarmed the police and security personnel and made them targets of the militants. Government is responsible for that killings," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch