US Congress delegation meets Omar Abdullah
Jammu: A delegation of the US Congress on Friday called on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and
discussed issues of mutual security interest.
The delegation led by Mac Thornberry, Vice Chairman of
the House Armed Services Committee and a Member of the House
Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, currently on a
week-long visit to India, met the Chief Minister.
Omar briefed the Congressmen about the rich pluralistic
traditions, heritage, culture and history of Jammu and Kashmir
and also apprised the delegation of the new initiatives taken
for holistic development in the state and empowerment of
people at grass-root level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'