US Congress delegation meets Omar Abdullah
Jammu: A delegation of the US Congress on Friday called on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and
discussed issues of mutual security interest.
The delegation led by Mac Thornberry, Vice Chairman of
the House Armed Services Committee and a Member of the House
Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, currently on a
week-long visit to India, met the Chief Minister.
Omar briefed the Congressmen about the rich pluralistic
traditions, heritage, culture and history of Jammu and Kashmir
and also apprised the delegation of the new initiatives taken
for holistic development in the state and empowerment of
people at grass-root level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women