US Embassy official assures revisiting travel advisory to J&K
Srinagar: An official of the United States Embassy in New Delhi today assured to revisit the negative travel advisory issued by Washington to its citizens for visiting Jammu and Kashmir.
"We promise to revisit the travel advisory in our six-monthly meeting and I assure you that we will positively look into it," Sarah Duffy, senior Consul officer and head of American Citizen Services at the US Embassy, was quoted as saying.
Duffy was interacting with Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s Political Secretary Tanvir Sadiq at his residence here today.
Sadiq said the assurance was given by the US official after he strongly advocated relaxing of the negative travel advisory against the state.
"Keeping in view the peace, progress and security situation in the Valley, the US should reconsider its negative travel advisory against the state and especially (for) places like Srinagar, Pahalgam, Gulmarg and other tourist destinations," he said.
Sadiq advocated dialogue with Pakistan as well as separatists to resolve political issues facing the state saying that Kashmir issue has to be addressed politically and only politically.
"Jammu and Kashmir is a political problem and can be resolved only through a process of dialogue. We have to start the dialogue process both internally as well as bilaterally (with Pakistan) for addressing this issue," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez