US Embassy official assures revisiting travel advisory to J&K
Srinagar: An official of the United States Embassy in New Delhi today assured to revisit the negative travel advisory issued by Washington to its citizens for visiting Jammu and Kashmir.
"We promise to revisit the travel advisory in our six-monthly meeting and I assure you that we will positively look into it," Sarah Duffy, senior Consul officer and head of American Citizen Services at the US Embassy, was quoted as saying.
Duffy was interacting with Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s Political Secretary Tanvir Sadiq at his residence here today.
Sadiq said the assurance was given by the US official after he strongly advocated relaxing of the negative travel advisory against the state.
"Keeping in view the peace, progress and security situation in the Valley, the US should reconsider its negative travel advisory against the state and especially (for) places like Srinagar, Pahalgam, Gulmarg and other tourist destinations," he said.
Sadiq advocated dialogue with Pakistan as well as separatists to resolve political issues facing the state saying that Kashmir issue has to be addressed politically and only politically.
"Jammu and Kashmir is a political problem and can be resolved only through a process of dialogue. We have to start the dialogue process both internally as well as bilaterally (with Pakistan) for addressing this issue," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says