US Embassy official assures revisiting travel advisory to J&K
Srinagar: An official of the United States Embassy in New Delhi today assured to revisit the negative travel advisory issued by Washington to its citizens for visiting Jammu and Kashmir.
"We promise to revisit the travel advisory in our six-monthly meeting and I assure you that we will positively look into it," Sarah Duffy, senior Consul officer and head of American Citizen Services at the US Embassy, was quoted as saying.
Duffy was interacting with Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s Political Secretary Tanvir Sadiq at his residence here today.
Sadiq said the assurance was given by the US official after he strongly advocated relaxing of the negative travel advisory against the state.
"Keeping in view the peace, progress and security situation in the Valley, the US should reconsider its negative travel advisory against the state and especially (for) places like Srinagar, Pahalgam, Gulmarg and other tourist destinations," he said.
Sadiq advocated dialogue with Pakistan as well as separatists to resolve political issues facing the state saying that Kashmir issue has to be addressed politically and only politically.
"Jammu and Kashmir is a political problem and can be resolved only through a process of dialogue. We have to start the dialogue process both internally as well as bilaterally (with Pakistan) for addressing this issue," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what