Vacate encroachments: J&K govt to land grabbers
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Saturday asked land grabbers to voluntarily vacate encroachments
on plots marked for establishment of public facilities or face
"We appeal the illegal occupants to vacate encroached
government land voluntarily or otherwise face legal action and
forcibly eviction," state Minister for Revenue, Relief and
Rehabilitation Raman Bhalla said.
The government is planning to construct offices,
schools, recreational parks, tubewells, roads on these
encroached plots, he said.
Bhalla also directed officials to demarcate and fence
all government lands to prevent encroachments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader
- Congress backs Raghuram Rajan, says India ''going through a bad shape''
- Non-bailable warrant against BJP MP Manoj Tiwari, four others
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society