Vaishno Devi Shrine Board hikes helicopter fares
Jammu: In view of the escalating fuel costs, the Vaishno Devi Shrine Board on Monday hiked the helicopter fares on Katra-Sanjichhat-Katra sector.
The hike was approved by the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) today after both the operators -- Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd and Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd -- flying on the route had asked for the increase in fares.
"Both the Operators viz Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd and Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd had, for the past several months, have been asking for an increase in the helicopter fare in terms of the Board`s Agreement with both the Operators.
"Their demand is based on the increase in the cost of inputs, particularly the Aviation Turbine Fuel," Additional Chief Executive Officer SMVDSB, Dr Mandeep K Bhandari, said.
The fare has been increased to Rs 800 from existing Rs 699 per passenger for one way journey.
"It is pertinent to mention that the current fare of the helicopter tickets, during the present contract period of April, 2011 to March, 2014, is substantially lower than that which was in vogue earlier.
"Earlier, a one way ticket for an adult passenger used to cost Rs 1,225, this had come down to Rs 699 per side with effect from 1-4-2011," Bhandari said.
The new rates shall be applicable from tomorrow, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe