Vaishno Devi shrine crosses 1 crore arrival mark
Jammu: The cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi situated at the Trikuta Hills in Jammu and Kashmir this year has witnessed the visit by over one crore pilgrims.
"Over one crore pilgrims have visited Mata Vaishno Devi shrine by December 15," a senior official of Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board said.
Amit Agrawal of Uttar Pradesh became the one croreth pilgrim to pay the obeisance at the shrine on December 15.
As many as 1,01,15647 pilgrims had visited cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi last year.
In 2010, 87.49 lakh pilgrims visited the shrine, over 5.14 lakh more than 2009.
In 2008, 67.92 lakh devotees paid obeisance at the cave shrine.
74.17 lakh pilgrims visited the cave shrine in 2007, rising from previous marks of 69.5 lakh and 67.83 lakh in 2006 and 2005 respectively.
The number of pilgrims rose from three lakh in 1970 to 52 lakh in 2000, the board official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price