Vaishno Devi shrine crosses 1 crore arrival mark
Jammu: The cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi situated at the Trikuta Hills in Jammu and Kashmir this year has witnessed the visit by over one crore pilgrims.
"Over one crore pilgrims have visited Mata Vaishno Devi shrine by December 15," a senior official of Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board said.
Amit Agrawal of Uttar Pradesh became the one croreth pilgrim to pay the obeisance at the shrine on December 15.
As many as 1,01,15647 pilgrims had visited cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi last year.
In 2010, 87.49 lakh pilgrims visited the shrine, over 5.14 lakh more than 2009.
In 2008, 67.92 lakh devotees paid obeisance at the cave shrine.
74.17 lakh pilgrims visited the cave shrine in 2007, rising from previous marks of 69.5 lakh and 67.83 lakh in 2006 and 2005 respectively.
The number of pilgrims rose from three lakh in 1970 to 52 lakh in 2000, the board official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tunisian parliament approves national united government
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- North Korea submarine missiles not ready until 2018: Experts
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others gunned down in police encounter
- ISRO to test scramjet engine