Vaishnodevi Board to strengthen infrastructure
Jammu: With record number of pilgrims
thronging the Vaishnodevi shrine this year, the board managing
it has stepped up efforts to improve infrastructure and
expedite work on accommodation projects.
"The Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) has been
consistently making efforts to improve the existing
infrastructure. Operation of Manokamna Bhawan Phase-II,
starting of accommodation projects like Parvati Bhawan and
Ashirwad Complex are efforts in this direction," SMVDSB Chief
Executive Officer R K Goyal said.
Sports stadium, dedicated mule track, new and renewable
energy related projects, emergency helipad and ropeway
projects are the highlights of the recent achievements of the
Shrine Board, he said.
A lot of efforts have been made to improve the sanitation
facility, power and water supply to Bhawan and Adhkuwari. Also
construction and improvement of the rain shelter sheds is
being undertaken, he said.
Commissioning of two major projects - Shri Mata Vaishno
Devi Spiritual Growth Centre and Shri Mata Vaishno Devi
Gurukul, apart from the opening of the new tunnel leading to
sanctum sanctorum, are the other achievements of the Board, he
Replacement of worn out tiles on the track, provision of
better medical facilities, disaster management preparedness
and other activities in this direction have been the focus of
the Shrine Board in the interest of pilgrims, he said.
Earlier this week, the cave shrine situated atop Trikuta
Hills achieved a historic milestone by recording the visit of
one crore pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!