Vaishnodevi pilgrim among four killed in landslide
Jammu: Four people, including a Vaishnodevi pilgrim from Bihar, were killed and a minor was injured in landslides triggered by heavy rainfall in different areas of Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said on Wednesday.
Vaishnodevi pilgrim, Shishant Anand was killed in landslide in Adhkuwari area in Trikuta hills when he was on way to the cave shrine last night. His body was recovered and handed over to his family members after postmortem, they said.
Meanwhile, 28-year-old Shamas Din and Abdul Qayoom (22), who had gone to collect wood from the forest area in Chaterbali-Dewal under Mahore tehsil of Reasi district, were buried in the debris after a landslide in the area yesterday night, officials said.
The police recovered the bodies and hand them over to their family members.
In another such incident, 32-year-old Bashir Ahmed was killed in a landslide in Reasi this morning. Ahmad was on way to Dharmari area in Reasi along with his wife Muneera and son Masoom (10) when the landslide occurred.
Muneera escaped unhurt, police said adding, Masoom, who suffered injuries in the incident, was hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi