VDC member kills brother`s wife, commits suicide
Jammu: A Village Defence Committee (VDC) member shot dead his brother`s wife and later committed suicide in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
25-year-old Kewal Krishan intercepted 32-year-old Nishu Devi at Latia village in Panchari belt of the district last night and opened fire on her, SP Udhampur Benam Tosh said today.
She was critically injured, he said, adding after some time Kewal also committed suicide by shooting himself with his rifle.
Nishu was shifted to the hospital where she succumbed to her injuries, SP said. The reason behind the incident is not known, he said. Police has registered a case and started investigation into it.
Nishu was married to Ashok Kumar, who is working as a labourer in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing