VDC member kills brother`s wife, commits suicide
Jammu: A Village Defence Committee (VDC) member shot dead his brother`s wife and later committed suicide in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
25-year-old Kewal Krishan intercepted 32-year-old Nishu Devi at Latia village in Panchari belt of the district last night and opened fire on her, SP Udhampur Benam Tosh said today.
She was critically injured, he said, adding after some time Kewal also committed suicide by shooting himself with his rifle.
Nishu was shifted to the hospital where she succumbed to her injuries, SP said. The reason behind the incident is not known, he said. Police has registered a case and started investigation into it.
Nishu was married to Ashok Kumar, who is working as a labourer in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test