Vehicles` timing on Srinagar-Leh NH rescheduled
Srinagar: To streamline traffic on 434-km Srinagar-Leh National Highway, the Jammu and Kashmir government has rescheduled the timing of vehicles plying on the arterial road connecting frontier region of Ladakh with the rest of the state.
"Though there will be no restriction on the movement of light motor vehicles, the timing for heavy vehicles plying on the highway has been rescheduled," an official spokesman said on Saturday.
All types of vehicles, including the vehicles of Army and paramilitary forces, will leave from Kargil at 4.00 am, from Drass at 6.00 am and from Gumri at 10.00 am so as to cross Zojila by 11.00 am, the spokesman said, quoting the government notification.
The Kargil and Leh bound vehicles have to cross Sonamarg by 3.00 pm, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened