Vehicular traffic allowed on Jammu-Srinagar highway
Jammu: Jammu-Srinagar National Highway,
the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country, was Monday opened for vehicular traffic from Jammu to Srinagar,
officials said here.
"One way traffic has been allowed from Jammu to
Srinagar today. There would no traffic from Srinagar to Jammu
today," police officials at Police Control Room said.
However, due to the thick fog, slippery stretches and heavy traffic jams, the traffic movement on the highway is very slow, they said.
The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar national highway from
Srinagar to Jammu was reopened for traffic yesterday a day
after it was closed due to heavy snowfall at Jawahar tunnel
and Patnitop stretches, they said, adding over 1,000 vehicles
stranded on the highway were also cleared.
Men and machines of Border Road Organisation are
working round the clock to clear the snow and restore the
two-way traffic on the highway, but continuous snowfall is
making their task difficult, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray