Vehicular traffic allowed on Jammu-Srinagar highway
Jammu: Jammu-Srinagar National Highway,
the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country, was Monday opened for vehicular traffic from Jammu to Srinagar,
officials said here.
"One way traffic has been allowed from Jammu to
Srinagar today. There would no traffic from Srinagar to Jammu
today," police officials at Police Control Room said.
However, due to the thick fog, slippery stretches and heavy traffic jams, the traffic movement on the highway is very slow, they said.
The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar national highway from
Srinagar to Jammu was reopened for traffic yesterday a day
after it was closed due to heavy snowfall at Jawahar tunnel
and Patnitop stretches, they said, adding over 1,000 vehicles
stranded on the highway were also cleared.
Men and machines of Border Road Organisation are
working round the clock to clear the snow and restore the
two-way traffic on the highway, but continuous snowfall is
making their task difficult, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK