Vehicular traffic allowed on Jammu-Srinagar highway
Jammu: Jammu-Srinagar National Highway,
the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country, was Monday opened for vehicular traffic from Jammu to Srinagar,
officials said here.
"One way traffic has been allowed from Jammu to
Srinagar today. There would no traffic from Srinagar to Jammu
today," police officials at Police Control Room said.
However, due to the thick fog, slippery stretches and heavy traffic jams, the traffic movement on the highway is very slow, they said.
The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar national highway from
Srinagar to Jammu was reopened for traffic yesterday a day
after it was closed due to heavy snowfall at Jawahar tunnel
and Patnitop stretches, they said, adding over 1,000 vehicles
stranded on the highway were also cleared.
Men and machines of Border Road Organisation are
working round the clock to clear the snow and restore the
two-way traffic on the highway, but continuous snowfall is
making their task difficult, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- `We are better than this,` Hillary Clinton tweets at Donald Trump
- Indian-American to raise $10 million for Donald Trump, hold mega rally