Veteran Kashmiri Pandit leader Amarnath Vaishnavi dead
Jammu: Veteran Kashmiri Pandit leader Amar Nath Vaishnavi died at his residence here on Sunday after a brief illness.
Vaishnavi, 87, was president of the All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference, the biggest organisation of KPs in Jammu and Kashmir.
His cremation will take place here tomorrow.
A freedom fighter, he was jailed several times including during the Emergency period in 1975.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing