Veteran Kashmiri Pandit leader Amarnath Vaishnavi dead
Jammu: Veteran Kashmiri Pandit leader Amar Nath Vaishnavi died at his residence here on Sunday after a brief illness.
Vaishnavi, 87, was president of the All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference, the biggest organisation of KPs in Jammu and Kashmir.
His cremation will take place here tomorrow.
A freedom fighter, he was jailed several times including during the Emergency period in 1975.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- First US Zika-related death in Puerto Rico
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party