Veteran Kashmiri Pandit leader Amarnath Vaishnavi dead
Jammu: Veteran Kashmiri Pandit leader Amar Nath Vaishnavi died at his residence here on Sunday after a brief illness.
Vaishnavi, 87, was president of the All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference, the biggest organisation of KPs in Jammu and Kashmir.
His cremation will take place here tomorrow.
A freedom fighter, he was jailed several times including during the Emergency period in 1975.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui