VHP adamant on Amarnath yatra date
Jammu: The Vishava Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday said that they will proceed for the Amarnath Yatra on June 3 despite the state government raising concern over inclement weather conditions there.
"VHP has planned to commence the Shri Amarnath Yatra from Jyeshth Purnima and shall send the first batch of devotees from Jammu on June three. They will reach Baltal in the evening and shall perform darshan at the holy cave on June four, the auspicious Jyeshth Purnima", VHP state president Rama Kant Dubey said.
He informed that the first batch of devotees from different states across the country will reach Jammu by June 2.
Dubey said VHP is of the firm belief that Amarnath Yatra should start from auspicious Jyeshth Purnima which falls on June four and culminates on Raksha Bandhan.
"We made repeated requests to the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) to review their decision of starting the Amarnath Yatra from June 25 but they haven`t paid any heed to our demand", he said.
"Delaying the yatra is unjustified, unconstitutional and against Hindu faith. That is the reason we have decided to start the yatra on our own from Jyeshth Purnima", he said.
Meanwhile, Inspector General of Police Dibagh Singh said "there have been concerns about the weather and I am hopeful that better sense will prevail among the people and they won`t risk their lives".
Dilbagh was replying to a question that if the VHP goes ahead with its decision, police will stop them from doing so.
"There are some issues related to the dates of the yatra, but I am hopeful that the contesting parties will arrive at a solution". He, however, warned that any act of violation will be dealt with accordingly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof