VHP adamant on Amarnath yatra date
Jammu: The Vishava Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday said that they will proceed for the Amarnath Yatra on June 3 despite the state government raising concern over inclement weather conditions there.
"VHP has planned to commence the Shri Amarnath Yatra from Jyeshth Purnima and shall send the first batch of devotees from Jammu on June three. They will reach Baltal in the evening and shall perform darshan at the holy cave on June four, the auspicious Jyeshth Purnima", VHP state president Rama Kant Dubey said.
He informed that the first batch of devotees from different states across the country will reach Jammu by June 2.
Dubey said VHP is of the firm belief that Amarnath Yatra should start from auspicious Jyeshth Purnima which falls on June four and culminates on Raksha Bandhan.
"We made repeated requests to the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) to review their decision of starting the Amarnath Yatra from June 25 but they haven`t paid any heed to our demand", he said.
"Delaying the yatra is unjustified, unconstitutional and against Hindu faith. That is the reason we have decided to start the yatra on our own from Jyeshth Purnima", he said.
Meanwhile, Inspector General of Police Dibagh Singh said "there have been concerns about the weather and I am hopeful that better sense will prevail among the people and they won`t risk their lives".
Dilbagh was replying to a question that if the VHP goes ahead with its decision, police will stop them from doing so.
"There are some issues related to the dates of the yatra, but I am hopeful that the contesting parties will arrive at a solution". He, however, warned that any act of violation will be dealt with accordingly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued