VHP alleges J&K school converted to mosque
Jammu: Alleging that a portion of a government school was converted into a mosque by some unidentified persons in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district, the VHP on Thursday threatened to launch an agitation if the government did not intervene.
"We demand the issue should be resolved at the earliest,
otherwise we will hold demonstrations," VHP state chief Rama
Kant Dubey told reporters here.
Dubey claimed that some miscreants had converted a portion
of the Government boys higher secondary school in Rajouri into
a mosque and installed loudspeakers on the premises without
permission. "A VHP delegation met the Divisional Commissioner,
Jammu, and has apprised him of the situation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday