VHP blames J&K govt for clashes during Amarnath yatra
Indore: Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Saturday attacked the Jammu and Kashmir government over the clashes between community kitchen operators and pony owners during the Amarnath yatra, and demanded Centre`s intervention.
"The Jammu and Kashmir government is responsible for the attack on those running community kitchen as it was unable to control the attackers. We demand their immediate arrest and they should be tried in fast-track courts," Pravin Togadia, the international working president of VHP told reporters here.
He also demanded immediate intervention from the Centre on the issue.
The incident had taken place yesterday at Baltal camp on the yatra route.
The clashes had forced suspension of the yatra as at least 37 persons including a few security personnel were injured.
The yatra resumed today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez