VHP blames J&K govt for clashes during Amarnath yatra
Indore: Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Saturday attacked the Jammu and Kashmir government over the clashes between community kitchen operators and pony owners during the Amarnath yatra, and demanded Centre`s intervention.
"The Jammu and Kashmir government is responsible for the attack on those running community kitchen as it was unable to control the attackers. We demand their immediate arrest and they should be tried in fast-track courts," Pravin Togadia, the international working president of VHP told reporters here.
He also demanded immediate intervention from the Centre on the issue.
The incident had taken place yesterday at Baltal camp on the yatra route.
The clashes had forced suspension of the yatra as at least 37 persons including a few security personnel were injured.
The yatra resumed today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends