VHP blames J&K govt for clashes during Amarnath yatra
Indore: Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Saturday attacked the Jammu and Kashmir government over the clashes between community kitchen operators and pony owners during the Amarnath yatra, and demanded Centre`s intervention.
"The Jammu and Kashmir government is responsible for the attack on those running community kitchen as it was unable to control the attackers. We demand their immediate arrest and they should be tried in fast-track courts," Pravin Togadia, the international working president of VHP told reporters here.
He also demanded immediate intervention from the Centre on the issue.
The incident had taken place yesterday at Baltal camp on the yatra route.
The clashes had forced suspension of the yatra as at least 37 persons including a few security personnel were injured.
The yatra resumed today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters