VHP condemns treatment meted out to Amarnath pilgrims
Jammu: VHP on Saturday accused Amarnath Yatra Shrine Board of failing to make devotees aware about the yatra regulations.
"It was rude and inhuman to push back a large number of yatris without allowing them to pay obeisance to lord Shiva," VHP state president Ramakant Dubey told reporters here.
Around 12,000 yatris proceeding to Amarnath shrine were turned back from Pahalgam and Kangan yesterday for not carrying registration permits or carrying permits for a later date.
Dubey said, "Such a large number of yatris cannot reach the entry gates of Baltal and Nunwan without the knowledge of administration...The incident shows mismanagement of SASB and administration in educating public about the yatra regulations through mass media."
"SASB and the state administration spend lakhs of rupees on publicity to attract tourists but they proved a total failure in educating the Amarnath Yatris," he said.
For the first time, the access control agencies are carrying out thorough checks of Amarnath pilgrims and their documentation before allowing them to proceed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi