VHP condemns treatment meted out to Amarnath pilgrims
Jammu: VHP on Saturday accused Amarnath Yatra Shrine Board of failing to make devotees aware about the yatra regulations.
"It was rude and inhuman to push back a large number of yatris without allowing them to pay obeisance to lord Shiva," VHP state president Ramakant Dubey told reporters here.
Around 12,000 yatris proceeding to Amarnath shrine were turned back from Pahalgam and Kangan yesterday for not carrying registration permits or carrying permits for a later date.
Dubey said, "Such a large number of yatris cannot reach the entry gates of Baltal and Nunwan without the knowledge of administration...The incident shows mismanagement of SASB and administration in educating public about the yatra regulations through mass media."
"SASB and the state administration spend lakhs of rupees on publicity to attract tourists but they proved a total failure in educating the Amarnath Yatris," he said.
For the first time, the access control agencies are carrying out thorough checks of Amarnath pilgrims and their documentation before allowing them to proceed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day