VHP condemns treatment meted out to Amarnath pilgrims
Jammu: VHP on Saturday accused Amarnath Yatra Shrine Board of failing to make devotees aware about the yatra regulations.
"It was rude and inhuman to push back a large number of yatris without allowing them to pay obeisance to lord Shiva," VHP state president Ramakant Dubey told reporters here.
Around 12,000 yatris proceeding to Amarnath shrine were turned back from Pahalgam and Kangan yesterday for not carrying registration permits or carrying permits for a later date.
Dubey said, "Such a large number of yatris cannot reach the entry gates of Baltal and Nunwan without the knowledge of administration...The incident shows mismanagement of SASB and administration in educating public about the yatra regulations through mass media."
"SASB and the state administration spend lakhs of rupees on publicity to attract tourists but they proved a total failure in educating the Amarnath Yatris," he said.
For the first time, the access control agencies are carrying out thorough checks of Amarnath pilgrims and their documentation before allowing them to proceed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened