VHP criticises J&K govt over AFSPA
Jammu: By opposing Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) the Jammu and Kashmir government is helping the militancy to grow in the state, Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Sunday alleged.
"Jammu and Kashmir government`s stand against the Armed Forces Special Powers Act and its support for autonomy has helped the militancy to grow in the state," VHP international general secretary, Champat Rai, said here on Sunday.
Rai was also critical of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s stand on the autonomy and said that it has to go at any cost.
"Article 370 was a temporary arrangement. The Chief Minister and the state government should bear in mind that it has to go in any case. Jammu and Kashmir is a part of India and it will always remain a part of it," he said.
On the ongoing Amarnath Yatra, the leader said that it was the responsibility of the state to provide security to the pilgrims and also take care of other arrangements.
"You look at the Kumbh at Allahabad, government makes all the arrangements. About 11 crore devotees thronged Allahabad but everything was maintained properly. It is the responsibility of the state to provide security to the yatris, instead the JK government tries to create hurdles in the annual Amarnath Yatra," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!