Video shows Army killing trapped militant
Srinagar: A video purportedly showing an
injured militant, trapped under the debris of a house, being
shot dead allegedly by Army and police in Kashmir has been
posted on Internet.
The 88-second video clip is available on popular video
sharing site `youtube`.
According to the information posted along with the
video, there was an encounter between the militant and the
security forces on July 8 in south Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
The militant was caught under the debris of the house
where he was hiding and was calling for help. As the Army and
policemen reached the spot, they asked the militant where he
As soon as the militant responded to the question,
soldiers allegedly pumped bullets into him instead of
Defence spokesman Lt Colonel J S Brar said Ehsan Bhai was
a "foreign terrorist who was trying to inflict casualties on
security forces even in that (trapped) state".
"He had a grenade in his hand and tried to carry out a
`fidayeen` type of attack on security forces," Col Brar said
adding "he was killed in retaliatory action".
Inspector General of Police Kashmir S M Sahai was not
available for comment as he was out of town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug