Video shows Army killing trapped militant
Srinagar: A video purportedly showing an
injured militant, trapped under the debris of a house, being
shot dead allegedly by Army and police in Kashmir has been
posted on Internet.
The 88-second video clip is available on popular video
sharing site `youtube`.
According to the information posted along with the
video, there was an encounter between the militant and the
security forces on July 8 in south Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
The militant was caught under the debris of the house
where he was hiding and was calling for help. As the Army and
policemen reached the spot, they asked the militant where he
As soon as the militant responded to the question,
soldiers allegedly pumped bullets into him instead of
Defence spokesman Lt Colonel J S Brar said Ehsan Bhai was
a "foreign terrorist who was trying to inflict casualties on
security forces even in that (trapped) state".
"He had a grenade in his hand and tried to carry out a
`fidayeen` type of attack on security forces," Col Brar said
adding "he was killed in retaliatory action".
Inspector General of Police Kashmir S M Sahai was not
available for comment as he was out of town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections