Video shows Army killing trapped militant
Srinagar: A video purportedly showing an
injured militant, trapped under the debris of a house, being
shot dead allegedly by Army and police in Kashmir has been
posted on Internet.
The 88-second video clip is available on popular video
sharing site `youtube`.
According to the information posted along with the
video, there was an encounter between the militant and the
security forces on July 8 in south Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
The militant was caught under the debris of the house
where he was hiding and was calling for help. As the Army and
policemen reached the spot, they asked the militant where he
As soon as the militant responded to the question,
soldiers allegedly pumped bullets into him instead of
Defence spokesman Lt Colonel J S Brar said Ehsan Bhai was
a "foreign terrorist who was trying to inflict casualties on
security forces even in that (trapped) state".
"He had a grenade in his hand and tried to carry out a
`fidayeen` type of attack on security forces," Col Brar said
adding "he was killed in retaliatory action".
Inspector General of Police Kashmir S M Sahai was not
available for comment as he was out of town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step