Village head arrested for siphoning off material
Srinagar: A recently-elected village head
and a blacksmith have been arrested for allegedly siphoning
off construction material belonging to the Public Health
Engineering Department in Central Kashmir`s Budgam district.
Ghulam Nabi Shah, a resident of Kaichgeer in Khasahib
area, 25 kms from here, was arrested along with blacksmith
Altaf Ahanger, in connection with the pilferage of 22 water
supply pipes, officials said on Tuesday.
They said Shah, a contractor with the PHE department, was
elected as a village head during the recently-held panchayat
elections in the state.
Police has registered a case under Sections 409 RPC
(criminal breach of trust by public servant or agent), 413 RPC
(habitually dealing in stolen property) against the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch