Village head arrested for siphoning off material
Srinagar: A recently-elected village head
and a blacksmith have been arrested for allegedly siphoning
off construction material belonging to the Public Health
Engineering Department in Central Kashmir`s Budgam district.
Ghulam Nabi Shah, a resident of Kaichgeer in Khasahib
area, 25 kms from here, was arrested along with blacksmith
Altaf Ahanger, in connection with the pilferage of 22 water
supply pipes, officials said on Tuesday.
They said Shah, a contractor with the PHE department, was
elected as a village head during the recently-held panchayat
elections in the state.
Police has registered a case under Sections 409 RPC
(criminal breach of trust by public servant or agent), 413 RPC
(habitually dealing in stolen property) against the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah