Village head arrested for siphoning off material
Srinagar: A recently-elected village head
and a blacksmith have been arrested for allegedly siphoning
off construction material belonging to the Public Health
Engineering Department in Central Kashmir`s Budgam district.
Ghulam Nabi Shah, a resident of Kaichgeer in Khasahib
area, 25 kms from here, was arrested along with blacksmith
Altaf Ahanger, in connection with the pilferage of 22 water
supply pipes, officials said on Tuesday.
They said Shah, a contractor with the PHE department, was
elected as a village head during the recently-held panchayat
elections in the state.
Police has registered a case under Sections 409 RPC
(criminal breach of trust by public servant or agent), 413 RPC
(habitually dealing in stolen property) against the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed