Village head arrested for siphoning off material
Srinagar: A recently-elected village head
and a blacksmith have been arrested for allegedly siphoning
off construction material belonging to the Public Health
Engineering Department in Central Kashmir`s Budgam district.
Ghulam Nabi Shah, a resident of Kaichgeer in Khasahib
area, 25 kms from here, was arrested along with blacksmith
Altaf Ahanger, in connection with the pilferage of 22 water
supply pipes, officials said on Tuesday.
They said Shah, a contractor with the PHE department, was
elected as a village head during the recently-held panchayat
elections in the state.
Police has registered a case under Sections 409 RPC
(criminal breach of trust by public servant or agent), 413 RPC
(habitually dealing in stolen property) against the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US