Village head arrested for siphoning off material
Srinagar: A recently-elected village head
and a blacksmith have been arrested for allegedly siphoning
off construction material belonging to the Public Health
Engineering Department in Central Kashmir`s Budgam district.
Ghulam Nabi Shah, a resident of Kaichgeer in Khasahib
area, 25 kms from here, was arrested along with blacksmith
Altaf Ahanger, in connection with the pilferage of 22 water
supply pipes, officials said on Tuesday.
They said Shah, a contractor with the PHE department, was
elected as a village head during the recently-held panchayat
elections in the state.
Police has registered a case under Sections 409 RPC
(criminal breach of trust by public servant or agent), 413 RPC
(habitually dealing in stolen property) against the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!