Village head shot at by militants in Pulwama
Srinagar: Militants have shot at and injured a village head in Awantipora area of South Kashmir`s Pulwama district, police said on Tuesday.
Qutub-ud-Din Shah was shot at by militants inside this house at Waenibata village in Awantipora area, 30 kilometres from here, at around 9.30 pm last night, police said.
45-year-old Shah was hit by bullets in both his legs. He has been referred to a hospital for treatment where doctors said his condition was stable, they added.
Posters, purportedly circulated by militants in South Kashmir last month and earlier this month, had threatened the `panches` and `Sarpanhes` to resign from their posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?