Village head shot at by militants in Pulwama
Srinagar: Militants have shot at and injured a village head in Awantipora area of South Kashmir`s Pulwama district, police said on Tuesday.
Qutub-ud-Din Shah was shot at by militants inside this house at Waenibata village in Awantipora area, 30 kilometres from here, at around 9.30 pm last night, police said.
45-year-old Shah was hit by bullets in both his legs. He has been referred to a hospital for treatment where doctors said his condition was stable, they added.
Posters, purportedly circulated by militants in South Kashmir last month and earlier this month, had threatened the `panches` and `Sarpanhes` to resign from their posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah