Villagers block J&K highway over power cuts
Jammu: Protesting frequent power cuts, over
2000 villagers of Nud area in Samba district on Tuesday held
protest and blocked the Pathankote-Udhampur highway (bypass).
Raising anti-government slogans, over 2000 villagers
today blocked Pathankote-Udhampur highway at Nud, 45 kms from
here, for over two hours, police said.
Later, senior district officials rushed at the spot and
promised restoration of the electric supply to quell the
protest, they said.
Local leaders of Opposition Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP) also protested against the power failures in ward number
39 areas of Jammu city.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'