Villagers block J&K highway over power cuts
Jammu: Protesting frequent power cuts, over
2000 villagers of Nud area in Samba district on Tuesday held
protest and blocked the Pathankote-Udhampur highway (bypass).
Raising anti-government slogans, over 2000 villagers
today blocked Pathankote-Udhampur highway at Nud, 45 kms from
here, for over two hours, police said.
Later, senior district officials rushed at the spot and
promised restoration of the electric supply to quell the
protest, they said.
Local leaders of Opposition Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP) also protested against the power failures in ward number
39 areas of Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'