Villagers stranded after cloudburst over Kashmir’s Khonmoh village
Khonmoh: Resident of Khonmoh village near Srinagar were left stranded following a cloudburst on Wednesday.
Most of the locals were forced to stay indoors till the downpour stopped. Several houses were damaged and some were submerged under water.
Shakeel Ahmad, a resident of Khonmoh said the rains kept them indoors for three to four hours.
“Water seeped into houses. Many houses were washed away by the gushing waters. There has been a huge loss of livestock,” added Gulam Nabi, another villager.
No human casualties have been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing