Villagers stranded after cloudburst over Kashmir’s Khonmoh village
Khonmoh: Resident of Khonmoh village near Srinagar were left stranded following a cloudburst on Wednesday.
Most of the locals were forced to stay indoors till the downpour stopped. Several houses were damaged and some were submerged under water.
Shakeel Ahmad, a resident of Khonmoh said the rains kept them indoors for three to four hours.
“Water seeped into houses. Many houses were washed away by the gushing waters. There has been a huge loss of livestock,” added Gulam Nabi, another villager.
No human casualties have been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'