VK Singh controversy: Show Mir the door, demands independent MLA
Srinagar: An Independent MLA from Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday demanded a probe into the role of minister Ghulam Hasaan Mir who figured in reports of having allegedly received funds from a unit set up by former Army chief Gen V K Singh to topple the Omar Abdullah government.
"The CBI or some other credible agency must probe the allegation," Sheikh Abdul Rashid, the MLA, said in a statement here.
"It is strange that the National Conference leaders are asking Mir to resign. If Mir doesn’t have the moral courage to resign, Omar Abdullah should have shown him the door and threw him out of his Cabinet," the MLA from Langate said.
Mir must step down "as crying innocence doesn’t prove him innocent unless some credible and independent probe gives him a clean chit," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation