VK Singh controversy: Show Mir the door, demands independent MLA
Srinagar: An Independent MLA from Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday demanded a probe into the role of minister Ghulam Hasaan Mir who figured in reports of having allegedly received funds from a unit set up by former Army chief Gen V K Singh to topple the Omar Abdullah government.
"The CBI or some other credible agency must probe the allegation," Sheikh Abdul Rashid, the MLA, said in a statement here.
"It is strange that the National Conference leaders are asking Mir to resign. If Mir doesn’t have the moral courage to resign, Omar Abdullah should have shown him the door and threw him out of his Cabinet," the MLA from Langate said.
Mir must step down "as crying innocence doesn’t prove him innocent unless some credible and independent probe gives him a clean chit," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in