Vohra expresses grief over death of soldiers in Si
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra on Monday expressed grief over the loss of lives of six soldiers after a snow avalanche hit the Siachen area.
"Such tragic incidents should remind one and all of the extremely challenging conditions in which our Defence Services personnel were maintaining a constant vigil to protect the country`s territorial integrity, and even laying down their lives in the service of the nation," Vohra observed.
Six soldiers were killed and one was missing when an avalanche struck the Siachen glacier area yesterday during inter-post movement of troops.
The Governor spoke to Lt Gen K T Parnaik, Northern Army Commander, to convey his deep sympathy to the families of those who had lost their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah