Vohra expresses grief over death of soldiers in Si
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra on Monday expressed grief over the loss of lives of six soldiers after a snow avalanche hit the Siachen area.
"Such tragic incidents should remind one and all of the extremely challenging conditions in which our Defence Services personnel were maintaining a constant vigil to protect the country`s territorial integrity, and even laying down their lives in the service of the nation," Vohra observed.
Six soldiers were killed and one was missing when an avalanche struck the Siachen glacier area yesterday during inter-post movement of troops.
The Governor spoke to Lt Gen K T Parnaik, Northern Army Commander, to convey his deep sympathy to the families of those who had lost their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!