Vohra expresses grief over death of soldiers in Si
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra on Monday expressed grief over the loss of lives of six soldiers after a snow avalanche hit the Siachen area.
"Such tragic incidents should remind one and all of the extremely challenging conditions in which our Defence Services personnel were maintaining a constant vigil to protect the country`s territorial integrity, and even laying down their lives in the service of the nation," Vohra observed.
Six soldiers were killed and one was missing when an avalanche struck the Siachen glacier area yesterday during inter-post movement of troops.
The Governor spoke to Lt Gen K T Parnaik, Northern Army Commander, to convey his deep sympathy to the families of those who had lost their lives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav