Vohra expresses grief over death of soldiers in Si
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra on Monday expressed grief over the loss of lives of six soldiers after a snow avalanche hit the Siachen area.
"Such tragic incidents should remind one and all of the extremely challenging conditions in which our Defence Services personnel were maintaining a constant vigil to protect the country`s territorial integrity, and even laying down their lives in the service of the nation," Vohra observed.
Six soldiers were killed and one was missing when an avalanche struck the Siachen glacier area yesterday during inter-post movement of troops.
The Governor spoke to Lt Gen K T Parnaik, Northern Army Commander, to convey his deep sympathy to the families of those who had lost their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?