Vohra for conservation of traditional art forms of J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra today advocated for conserving traditional performing art forms and rich cultural heritage of the state.
"Effective conservation, documentation and showcasing of the traditional performing art forms and rich cultural heritage of the three regions (Jammu, Kashmir, Leh-Ladakh) of the state is of crucial importance," he said after launching the `SMVDSB-Natrang Young Artists Scholarship Scheme` at Raj Bhavan here.
Vohra, who is the Chairman of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB), observed the successful implementation of this pilot project will provide a bedrock for the growth of theatre movement in the state and preservation and promotion of various traditional art forms in Jammu and Kashmir, an official spokesman said.
The new scheme has been launched in association with Natrang for attracting young artists and enabling them to learn and practice the traditional arts of music, dance and drama, he said.
The scheme, of three-year duration, will identify and select 15 young artists, preferably from villages in the neighbourhood of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine in Reasi district. These artists will be trained over the next three years by Natrang in traditional art forms and music, the spokesman said.
A sum of Rs 3,000 will be provided to the young artists as scholarship by the Shrine Board, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand