Vohra makes aerial survey of Amarnath yatra routes
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Wednesday undertook an aerial reconnaissance of Pahalgam and Baltal routes leading to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
Accompanied by his principal secretary Navin K Choudhary, Vohra, who is also chairman of the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, flew over Panjtarni, Sangam, Holy Cave and reached Baltal after taking stock of the present status of snow melt, a spokesman of the board said.
He said the Governor observed there is huge accumulation of snow along most of the yatra track.
"Most of the structures at Panjtarni Camp are still more than half buried under snow. From Sangam and up to the mouth of the shrine, the entire area is under deep snow. Further such assessments are planned in the pre-Yatra period to determine the earliest possible date for commencing the repair of facilities at the base camps and en route camps," he said.
After undertaking the aerial reconnaissance, the Governor landed at Baltal Base Camp from where he travelled to Domel and held an extensive review meeting at Baltal Base Camp.
He reviewed the ongoing repair works, including those relating to internal drains, pathways, water supply, electric supply, sanitation, treatment plant and helipad.
Vohra directed that the map of the entire Baltal Camp, indicating location of the various services, must be displayed prominently.
He also called for making adequate arrangements for daily garbage collection, illumination, fire-fighting, public address system, information and guidance centre at the camp.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference