Vohra makes aerial survey of Amarnath yatra routes
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Wednesday undertook an aerial reconnaissance of Pahalgam and Baltal routes leading to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
Accompanied by his principal secretary Navin K Choudhary, Vohra, who is also chairman of the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, flew over Panjtarni, Sangam, Holy Cave and reached Baltal after taking stock of the present status of snow melt, a spokesman of the board said.
He said the Governor observed there is huge accumulation of snow along most of the yatra track.
"Most of the structures at Panjtarni Camp are still more than half buried under snow. From Sangam and up to the mouth of the shrine, the entire area is under deep snow. Further such assessments are planned in the pre-Yatra period to determine the earliest possible date for commencing the repair of facilities at the base camps and en route camps," he said.
After undertaking the aerial reconnaissance, the Governor landed at Baltal Base Camp from where he travelled to Domel and held an extensive review meeting at Baltal Base Camp.
He reviewed the ongoing repair works, including those relating to internal drains, pathways, water supply, electric supply, sanitation, treatment plant and helipad.
Vohra directed that the map of the entire Baltal Camp, indicating location of the various services, must be displayed prominently.
He also called for making adequate arrangements for daily garbage collection, illumination, fire-fighting, public address system, information and guidance centre at the camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'