Vohra, Rangarajan discuss employment plan for J&K
Jammu: In a bid to generate jobs for youths
in Jammu and Kashmir, Governor N N Vohra Thursday discussed the
formulation of an employment plan with eminent economist C
Rangarajan, chairman of the committee set up by Prime Minister
to deal with unemployment problem in the state.
In a meeting at Raj Bhavan that the Governor focused on
sectors such as agriculture, horticulture, industries and
tourism which possess huge potential for generating employment
avenues for the youths, a spokesman said.
Vohra observed that effective and time-bound action to
implement already available centrally-aided programmes will
not only contribute to development but also to job creation,
the spokeman added.
Noting that a holistic approach would make a difference
in addressing unemployment, Vohra said improving skill of the
youth keeping in mind the present and futuristic job market
trend can enhance their employability, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'