Vohra, Rangarajan discuss employment plan for J&K
Jammu: In a bid to generate jobs for youths
in Jammu and Kashmir, Governor N N Vohra Thursday discussed the
formulation of an employment plan with eminent economist C
Rangarajan, chairman of the committee set up by Prime Minister
to deal with unemployment problem in the state.
In a meeting at Raj Bhavan that the Governor focused on
sectors such as agriculture, horticulture, industries and
tourism which possess huge potential for generating employment
avenues for the youths, a spokesman said.
Vohra observed that effective and time-bound action to
implement already available centrally-aided programmes will
not only contribute to development but also to job creation,
the spokeman added.
Noting that a holistic approach would make a difference
in addressing unemployment, Vohra said improving skill of the
youth keeping in mind the present and futuristic job market
trend can enhance their employability, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter