Vohra, Rangarajan discuss employment plan for J&K
Jammu: In a bid to generate jobs for youths
in Jammu and Kashmir, Governor N N Vohra Thursday discussed the
formulation of an employment plan with eminent economist C
Rangarajan, chairman of the committee set up by Prime Minister
to deal with unemployment problem in the state.
In a meeting at Raj Bhavan that the Governor focused on
sectors such as agriculture, horticulture, industries and
tourism which possess huge potential for generating employment
avenues for the youths, a spokesman said.
Vohra observed that effective and time-bound action to
implement already available centrally-aided programmes will
not only contribute to development but also to job creation,
the spokeman added.
Noting that a holistic approach would make a difference
in addressing unemployment, Vohra said improving skill of the
youth keeping in mind the present and futuristic job market
trend can enhance their employability, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair