Vohra takes oath as Governor for second term
Srinagar: NN Vohra was on Friday administered oath for the second term as governor of Jammu and Kashmir here.
Vohra was administered the Oath of office by Chief Justice of the state High Court MM Kumar.
The Governor was presented a guard of honour by a contingent of Jammu and Kashmir Police.
Chief Secretary Mohammad Iqbal Khandey read out in Urdu and English the warrant of appointment of the Governor, which had been issued by the President of India on May 1, 2013.
The first lady Usha Vohra, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand, Speaker legislative assembly Mubarak Gul,Chairman Legislative Council, Amrit Malhotra, members of Parliament and legislators from the state were present at the swearing-in ceremony.
Judges of the state High Court, Vice Chancellors, senior Civil, police and security forces officers, political and social activists and prominent citizens were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter