Vohra takes oath as Governor for second term
Srinagar: NN Vohra was on Friday administered oath for the second term as governor of Jammu and Kashmir here.
Vohra was administered the Oath of office by Chief Justice of the state High Court MM Kumar.
The Governor was presented a guard of honour by a contingent of Jammu and Kashmir Police.
Chief Secretary Mohammad Iqbal Khandey read out in Urdu and English the warrant of appointment of the Governor, which had been issued by the President of India on May 1, 2013.
The first lady Usha Vohra, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand, Speaker legislative assembly Mubarak Gul,Chairman Legislative Council, Amrit Malhotra, members of Parliament and legislators from the state were present at the swearing-in ceremony.
Judges of the state High Court, Vice Chancellors, senior Civil, police and security forces officers, political and social activists and prominent citizens were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey