Vote pattern in LS polls depict NC rallied behind Cong: Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Boosting the morale of National Conference workers ahead of the state Assembly polls slated for later this year, Chief Minister Omar Abduallah today said the polling percentage registered by the NC-Congress coalition candidates depicted their support and hard work behind it.
"The voting pattern of all the Assembly segments in Jammu amply depict that NC workers have fully rallied behind the coalition candidates," Omar said while addressing party workers convention at Sher-e-Kashmir Bhawan here.
"Your hard work is fully reflected in the polling percentage registered by the coalition candidates," he added.
Asking party workers not to be disappointed with Lok Sabha poll results, Omar said NC has witnessed many vicissitudes in its long political life and has faced more severe and troublesome situations but emerged victorious surpassing all challenges.
He said the defeat in Parliamentary elections will further strengthen the party`s rank and file and infuse new energy in it to prove its mettle and popularity in the Assembly polls.
Omar also lashed out at his critics, who accuse NC of dynastic politics and nepotism, and said it is immaterial who heads the party at the top level but the necessity is to galvanise NC once again and make it a force of public support and faith which it has remained for last 60 years.
"NC has been transferred by Sher-i-Kashmir Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah to the people of Jammu and Kashmir as his legacy and it is not always necessary that only his blood relations will lead the party," Omar said.
The doors of NC are open to all the people of the state and they are the custodian of this only regional party whose motive has been unity, solidarity, communal harmony, equitable development and uplift of poor particularly weaker sections of the society, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers