Want to develop J&K as island of peace, says Sayee
Jammu: PDP chief Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Wednesday said it was his desire to develop Jammu and Kashmir as an "island of peace" and sought the support of the youths in this regard.
"We seek support of the youth to establish a system where every section of the society would get justice and equal opportunities for development and economic growth", Sayeed said while addressing students activists of different degree colleges of Jammu, at his residence.
The youth being future of the state have to play an important role in developing it as a model state in the country, he said.
Sayeed said it was his desire to develop the state as an "Island of Peace" for which he sought the support of youths.
Exhorting youths to work for unity and integration of all the three regions of the state, he cautioned them against the "gimmicks" of those political groups trying to "hoodwink" people through false claims for petty political gains.
PDP led regime in the state had brought transparency and accountability in the governance by strengthening democratic institutions, he said.
Emphasising the need to start job oriented courses in different colleges, he informed the students that during the PDP led regime technical courses were introduced in the educational institutions to ensure placement of pass out students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA