Want to develop J&K as island of peace, says Sayee
Jammu: PDP chief Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Wednesday said it was his desire to develop Jammu and Kashmir as an "island of peace" and sought the support of the youths in this regard.
"We seek support of the youth to establish a system where every section of the society would get justice and equal opportunities for development and economic growth", Sayeed said while addressing students activists of different degree colleges of Jammu, at his residence.
The youth being future of the state have to play an important role in developing it as a model state in the country, he said.
Sayeed said it was his desire to develop the state as an "Island of Peace" for which he sought the support of youths.
Exhorting youths to work for unity and integration of all the three regions of the state, he cautioned them against the "gimmicks" of those political groups trying to "hoodwink" people through false claims for petty political gains.
PDP led regime in the state had brought transparency and accountability in the governance by strengthening democratic institutions, he said.
Emphasising the need to start job oriented courses in different colleges, he informed the students that during the PDP led regime technical courses were introduced in the educational institutions to ensure placement of pass out students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP