Want to develop J&K as island of peace, says Sayee
Jammu: PDP chief Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Wednesday said it was his desire to develop Jammu and Kashmir as an "island of peace" and sought the support of the youths in this regard.
"We seek support of the youth to establish a system where every section of the society would get justice and equal opportunities for development and economic growth", Sayeed said while addressing students activists of different degree colleges of Jammu, at his residence.
The youth being future of the state have to play an important role in developing it as a model state in the country, he said.
Sayeed said it was his desire to develop the state as an "Island of Peace" for which he sought the support of youths.
Exhorting youths to work for unity and integration of all the three regions of the state, he cautioned them against the "gimmicks" of those political groups trying to "hoodwink" people through false claims for petty political gains.
PDP led regime in the state had brought transparency and accountability in the governance by strengthening democratic institutions, he said.
Emphasising the need to start job oriented courses in different colleges, he informed the students that during the PDP led regime technical courses were introduced in the educational institutions to ensure placement of pass out students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof