Watching cricket turns costly for CRPF, terrorists kill 3
Srinagar: Three CRPF personnel fell victims
to terrorists in north Kashmir this afternoon while they were
watching a cricket match in the locality.
According to information reaching here, four CRPF
personnel were watching the match played by local lads of the
vicinity in Watlab-Bandipore area.
The incident took place 62 km from here and the CRPF
team was taken completely off-guard when militants fired at
them, sources said, adding they did not even get time to
Reinforcements have been rushed to the area and a
massive hunt has been launched to nab the ultras involved in
the attack, Sopore`s Additional Superintendent of Police Abdul
No militant group has so far claimed responsibility for
This is the fourth major strike by militants in Sopore
in three weeks. The first attack took place on December 18
when terrorists threw a grenade on a CRPF picket in the town,
injuring five jawans and a pedestrian.
A week later, militants struck again in the town
attacking a CRPF patrol party with a grenade and leaving seven
persons including two jawans injured.
The grenade attacks were followed by an abortive attempt
by terrorists yesterday to blow up a security vehicle with an
Improvised Explosive Device which was neutralised by the bomb
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje