We put our lives on the line everyday, says Omar after attack
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday said the militant attack on an NC leader`s house in Pulwama district was evidence of the risk involved in being in mainstream politics in Kashmir and no one should question the commitment of people associated with it.
"The attack on Yawar`s (Masoodi) residence is evidence of the continued risk associated with being a mainstream politician in Kashmir," he wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
"You may not like our politics sometimes but don`t question our commitment because we put our lives on the line every day for our beliefs," Omar added.
He offered condolences to the family of two police personnel, who were killed by the militants in the attack.
"My condolences to the families of the police personnel killed in the attack on my party colleague in Pulwama district today," Omar said.
Both the militants involved in the attack on the house of NC youth leader were killed in an encounter after security forces chased them down.
Meanwhile, opposition PDP president Mehbooba Mufti condemned the attack saying bloodshed will not solve any problem but lead to more tragedies only.
"There is no place for violence in politics and it is against all tenants of decency and political conduct. These unfortunate incidents only result into tragedies and will not yield anything," she said in a statement.
She also expressed solidarity with the families of the two policemen who lost their lives in the "senseless act".
The PDP president paid tributes to the policemen "who protected Yawar at the cost of their own lives", saying "it is a matter of relief that Yawar had escaped unhurt".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'