We will form next govt in J&K on our own: BJP leader
Srinagar: BJP on Saturday said people of Jammu and Kashmir are looking up to it and the party will form the next government in the state on its own.
"We are ready for the elections. We are confident that we will form the next government here. People want a `Modi Sarkar` (government) here too," co-incharge of BJP`s state unit R P Singh told reporters here on the sidelines of a function held to
induct new members into the party.
Singh said people of the state want a corruption-free government which can bring in a lot of development.
"People in Jammu, Kashmir as well as Ladakh are looking up to BJP. They want a corruption-free government and are fed up of state parties like NC (National Conference) and PDP (Peoples Democratic Party) as well Congress," he said.
Assembly elections are scheduled in the state later this year.
To a question about the strike called by separatists yesterday on the occasion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to the state, Singh said, "Such things do not matter. What matters is what the people want and they want to have development and
When asked about Kashmir`s Grand Mufti (head priest) Mufti Bashir-ud-din`s statement that people of Kashmir will not accept a separate homeland for the displaced Pandits, Singh said, "Pandits are a part of Kashmir and have a right to return," he said.
At the function, several persons, including political activists, advocates and retired government employees, joined BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India