Weatherman forecasts snow in Kashmir hills
Srinagar: With night temperatures expected to fall three to four notches below normal during the next 48 hours, the weather office on Tuesday forecast snowfall in the higher reaches of the Kashmir Valley.
Sonam Lotus, the director of the weather office here, told a news agency: "Minimum temperatures are likely to fall three to four degrees below normal during the next two days in the Valley.”
"We are expecting light rain in the plains and light snowfall in the higher reaches of the Valley during the next two days.”
"The sky will remain overcast in the Valley during the next 48 hours."
The minimum temperature was 3.3 degrees Celsius in Srinagar, while it was 0.1 degrees Celsius in south Kashmir Pahalgam hill station, 1.4 in north Kashmir Gulmarg ski resort, 1.0 in Kargil town and minus 1.3 degrees Celsius in Leh town of Ladakh region on Tuesday.
People have started wearing woollens and garments known as `pherans`, especially during the mornings and evenings in Srinagar city.
Most tourists are seen buying woollen shawls, jerseys and socks to ward off the pre-winter cold of Kashmir.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India