Weatherman forecasts snow in Kashmir hills
Srinagar: With night temperatures expected to fall three to four notches below normal during the next 48 hours, the weather office on Tuesday forecast snowfall in the higher reaches of the Kashmir Valley.
Sonam Lotus, the director of the weather office here, told a news agency: "Minimum temperatures are likely to fall three to four degrees below normal during the next two days in the Valley.”
"We are expecting light rain in the plains and light snowfall in the higher reaches of the Valley during the next two days.”
"The sky will remain overcast in the Valley during the next 48 hours."
The minimum temperature was 3.3 degrees Celsius in Srinagar, while it was 0.1 degrees Celsius in south Kashmir Pahalgam hill station, 1.4 in north Kashmir Gulmarg ski resort, 1.0 in Kargil town and minus 1.3 degrees Celsius in Leh town of Ladakh region on Tuesday.
People have started wearing woollens and garments known as `pherans`, especially during the mornings and evenings in Srinagar city.
Most tourists are seen buying woollen shawls, jerseys and socks to ward off the pre-winter cold of Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez