Why Advani`s resignation crisis for you? Omar to BJP
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said the resignation of BJP patriarch L K Advani, whose opinion was ignored in BJP, should not be a crisis for it.
"If his opinion didn`t matter to you yesterday, why is his resignation a crisis for you today?" Omar tweeted, after Advani announced his resignation from key party fora.
The 85-year-old founder member of BJP today sent his resignation to party President Rajnath Singh, a day after the elevation of his one-time protege Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as election campaign committee chief at the National Executive meet held in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley