Will appeal to Centre for Rs 8000-cr package: Omar
Srinagar: Calling for expediting action on
recommendations of the Rangarajan Committee, Jammu and Kashmir
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said his government would
appeal to the Centre to grant Rs 8,000-crore financial package
as advocated by the panel.
"There is a need for fast tracking action on the
recommendations of the Rangarajan Committee both at the
central and state government levels," Omar said at a meeting
to take stock of the progress on recommendations of Prime
Minister`s third working group.
He said the state government will pursue with the Centre
the grant of financial package of Rs 8000 crore to Jammu and
Kashmir as recommended by the Committee.
He said the state officials should maintain a rapport
with the Central agencies while implementing the project of
four-laning of Srinagar-Jammu National Highway.
Omar also asked the officers concerned to coordinate with
Railway authorities for accelerating the pace of
Udhampur-Karta and Katra-Qazigund rail project.
On power projects, he said "this is the sector which is
the right answer to the development and all round progress in
The huge hydro-electric potential available in the state
required to be fully harnessed under a multi-pronged strategy
already put in place by the Government, he added.
He said he would meet the Union Ministers concerned in
New Delhi to push forward schemes and projects in the
pipeline. "Provide me necessary data and identify the tables
the schemes are held up, I will talk at the highest level to
push these forward."
The Chief Minister constituted a Standing Committee to
monitor the progress of works and ensure coordinated approach
in implementing the schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir