Will appeal to Centre for Rs 8000-cr package: Omar
Srinagar: Calling for expediting action on
recommendations of the Rangarajan Committee, Jammu and Kashmir
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said his government would
appeal to the Centre to grant Rs 8,000-crore financial package
as advocated by the panel.
"There is a need for fast tracking action on the
recommendations of the Rangarajan Committee both at the
central and state government levels," Omar said at a meeting
to take stock of the progress on recommendations of Prime
Minister`s third working group.
He said the state government will pursue with the Centre
the grant of financial package of Rs 8000 crore to Jammu and
Kashmir as recommended by the Committee.
He said the state officials should maintain a rapport
with the Central agencies while implementing the project of
four-laning of Srinagar-Jammu National Highway.
Omar also asked the officers concerned to coordinate with
Railway authorities for accelerating the pace of
Udhampur-Karta and Katra-Qazigund rail project.
On power projects, he said "this is the sector which is
the right answer to the development and all round progress in
The huge hydro-electric potential available in the state
required to be fully harnessed under a multi-pronged strategy
already put in place by the Government, he added.
He said he would meet the Union Ministers concerned in
New Delhi to push forward schemes and projects in the
pipeline. "Provide me necessary data and identify the tables
the schemes are held up, I will talk at the highest level to
push these forward."
The Chief Minister constituted a Standing Committee to
monitor the progress of works and ensure coordinated approach
in implementing the schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks