Will discuss AFSPA, troop reduction with PC: Omar
Jammu: Issue of Armed Forces Special Powers Act and reduction of troop from Jammu and Kashmir would be discussed during the forthcoming visit of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said.
Chidambaram is scheduled to chair a high-level security review meeting in Jammu to discuss the preparedness of state police and paramilitary forces ahead of summer.
He will be flying to Jammu on April 10.
Omar also favoured making the report of Interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir public.
"We desire that Interlocutors` report should be made public and talks should be held on it-- after that its recommendations should be implemented," Omar told reporters on the sidelines of a function of state health department here.
Flanked by state health minister Sham Lal Sharma, Omar said "Yes definitely-- AFSPA would be talked about—the ongoing issues with the Government of India, particularly force reduction and like this-- would be talked about."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites