Will discuss AFSPA, troop reduction with PC: Omar
Jammu: Issue of Armed Forces Special Powers Act and reduction of troop from Jammu and Kashmir would be discussed during the forthcoming visit of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said.
Chidambaram is scheduled to chair a high-level security review meeting in Jammu to discuss the preparedness of state police and paramilitary forces ahead of summer.
He will be flying to Jammu on April 10.
Omar also favoured making the report of Interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir public.
"We desire that Interlocutors` report should be made public and talks should be held on it-- after that its recommendations should be implemented," Omar told reporters on the sidelines of a function of state health department here.
Flanked by state health minister Sham Lal Sharma, Omar said "Yes definitely-- AFSPA would be talked about—the ongoing issues with the Government of India, particularly force reduction and like this-- would be talked about."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand