‘Will implement AFSPA committees` recommendations’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will comply with the recommendations of the two committees on Armed Forces Special Powers Act, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday said.
"The recommendations of the committees (set up by the
J-K Government) will be acted upon (regarding gradual
withdrawal of AFSPA) after the same are submitted by them to
the government", Omar said today.
He was replying to the cut motion by CPI(M) MLA M Y
Tarigami, during the discussion over his Home Department`s
grants in the Legislative Assembly today.
Omar stressed his government is committed to gradual
withdrawal of AFSPA from the state.
The state government has constituted two committees--one
each in Jammu and Kashmir regions respectively to look into
the areas from where the AFSPA could be withdrawn.
He further said, committees have held a number of
meetings in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- There will be no conflict of interest when Anil Kumble takes over as chief coach, says BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke
- Sensex surges 237 points to reclaim 27,000 as UK votes on Brexit
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get full 6 months arrears in October
- Expect to announce merger with Aircel soon: RCom
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic can still achieve more in football, Eden Hazard on the Swede's Euro 2016 exit