‘Will implement AFSPA committees` recommendations’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will comply with the recommendations of the two committees on Armed Forces Special Powers Act, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday said.
"The recommendations of the committees (set up by the
J-K Government) will be acted upon (regarding gradual
withdrawal of AFSPA) after the same are submitted by them to
the government", Omar said today.
He was replying to the cut motion by CPI(M) MLA M Y
Tarigami, during the discussion over his Home Department`s
grants in the Legislative Assembly today.
Omar stressed his government is committed to gradual
withdrawal of AFSPA from the state.
The state government has constituted two committees--one
each in Jammu and Kashmir regions respectively to look into
the areas from where the AFSPA could be withdrawn.
He further said, committees have held a number of
meetings in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users